The Independent Order of Vikings membership supports the social needs of you and your family, and provides opportunities for you to participate in the cultural, charitable and scholarship activities across the Order.
New members are accepted through local Subordinate Lodges in seven states; check with your local lodge (listed below) about benefits for Adult and Junior members! National dues are only $15 annually which collected with local membership dues at the subordinate lodge.
As a member of the IOV you will receive our quarterly newsletter, the Viking Journal. Published since 1899 the Journal is designed to inform its readers of lodge activities, Scandinavian Language Camp and Scholarship opportunities, and more!
Many activities are held for active members of local lodges including: themed dinners and parties; holding Scandinavian instruction dances; smorgasbords; herring breakfast; junior clubs; bowling; golf; boating; initiation and drill teams, etc. We would love to list all of the activities, but each Lodge has its own unique schedule.
Sound interesting? Please contact one of our local lodges listed below to learn more!
- Baltic Star #112 – Rockford, IL (Rosa Lee McCartney, Chief, 779-348-1148)
- Drake #3 – Chicago, IL (Gene Sims, Chief, 773-983-4215)
- Ellida #25- Rockford, IL (Peggy Stegall, 630-202-8148)
- Harald #13 – Tinley Park, IL (Becca Duda, Chief, 708-732-0355)
- Ring #18- Batavia, IL (Louie Lee, Chief, 630-761-9131)
- Thor #9 – Moline, IL (John Keim, Chief, 309-737-0782)
- Edmund #91 – Haverhill, MA (Jennifer Thissell, Chief, 978-380-0410)
- Gripsholm #83 – Lynn, MA (Barbara Davis, Chief, 781-598-2044)
- Stenkil #92 – Braintree, MA (James McRae, Chief, 781-293-4120)
Linne #57 – Muskegon, MI (Tom Jandt, Chief, 231-759-0881)
Orvar Odd #24 – Elkhorn, NE (Stein-Inge Hordvik, Chief, 402-332-5840)
Ingjald #65 – Jamestown, NY (Jane Fosberg, Chief, 716-487-9305)
Skandia #68 – Portland, OR (Bruce Tolonen, Chief, email@example.com)
- Sigurd #30 – Kenosha, WI (Rodney Ottum, Chief, 262-654-3384)